What’s in Your Gym Bag – August Blogging Challenge – Aug. 24th
My gym bag. I never leave home without it. Seriously. In the off chance that a workout emergency occurs, I want to be prepared. I figure this is also great preparation in case of a zombie apocalypse since I’ll have my running shoes, extra clothes, and zombie ass kicking music ready to go. You never know.
1. Shoes – Usually an retired pair of running shoes that I clean up so I can get a little more life out of them before saying goodbye (or just adding them to the ever growing running shoe collection). Right now I’ve got a pair of Brooks Ghost 4s.
2. Gym Clothes. Usually this is a pair of capris and a tank top. Have to show off the guns I’ve worked so hard for.
3. iPod – Yes, I am quite aware that a 4th generation nano belongs in an iPod museum somewhere as a relic of past technologies. But as long as it’s still pumping out tunes, I’ll be kicking it old school
4. Notebook and Pen – This is where I plan out my workouts for the day and track how many reps and sets at whatever weight. I have exercise ADD, so I need a pretty well stocked arsenal to keep me from getting distracted by shiny objects (usually sweaty men with big muscles).
5. Kindle – Another must for my workout ADD. If I’m going to have to move the cardio indoors because I can’t get outside for a run, I need something to keep me entertained. By the way, reading 50 Shades of Gray while riding the stationary bike is a really bad idea.
6. Hair brush and extra hair ties – I have long curly hair. Enough said.
7. Make up bag – I actually have a separate gym make up stash so I don’t have to worry about forgetting my face. I like to look pretty. I’m a girl. Deal with it.
8. Deodorant – It should be a law that all gym goers carry some on their person at all times. I can’t reiterate the importance of deodorant enough. Use it people!!
9. Make up removing wipes – To take off my face before sweating it out. Working in a gym and being the person that folds all those little towels, I can tell you that make up does not wash out of towels nicely. Plus the scary clown look is never good.
10. Protein Bar – Post workout recovery snack on the go.
11. Water Bottle – Can also be filled with vodka, but not advised during hard interval or lifting sessions.
12. Bondi Band – Great for keeping the hair out of the face during those intense tabata workouts.
13. Heart Rate Monitor – I love my Polar FT4. It’s a great basic HRM without many bells and whistles, but for a gym workout, it does everything I need it to do. It tracks my HR and calories burned. Mostly I got it because it’s pink, and I get a great discount on Polar watches.
14. Lotion – It’s a girl thing.