Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes – 31 Days of Fall Flavor Recipe #11
I ♥ sweet potato fries!! Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene which is converted into an active vitamin A in the body. They are also good sources of vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese and potassium. Compared to their cousin, the french fry, sweet potato fries are full of flavor and are actually pretty good for you. Take that McDonalds!!!! I love to pair them with a marinated veggie burger topped with delicious cheeses and fresh veggies. Best part is, most kids can be tricked into eating them with just the right seasoning. For a guilt free side dish on burger night, these sweet potato squares are simple and delicious. You can find the original recipe at teeniecakes.com.
Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. In a bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and thyme. Spread into single layer on baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and are easily pierced with a knife. Broil for an extra 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
4. Serve immediately.