November Goals – November Blogging Challenge #1
I loved the blogging challenges from Janice at fitnesscheerleader.com this summer, so I was really excited to see one of my other favorite mommy fitness bloggers, Lisa at She’s Losing It! post a blogging challenge of her own. With the racing season winding down for the year and me seriously contemplating going into hibernation mode this winter (after my ultra of course!), I need any type of motivation I can get. So here it goes, Day #1 of the November Blogging Challenge.
1. Be diligent about tracking my food and get back into the clean eating routine (once the Halloween candy is gone) – With last month’s marathon and half, my good eating habits went out the window and unfortunately my abs went with it. Taper mode + fueling + 4 days in KC = recipe for disaster. I’d love to be back down to my fighting weight by Thanksgiving so I’m not stressing about what goes on my plate over the holidays.
2. Time for Ultra Beast Training Mode – Less than 2 months until the Huff 50k! The KC marathon and last weekend’s Monster Dash Half were great training experiences. I’ll be hitting the trails like a mad woman this month as long as mother nature decides to cooperate. Given our rocky relationship in the past, I’d be happy for at least one decent weekend of back to back 15 mi+ runs. Who’s running this weekend?
3. Sell, Sell, SELL!!!!! – I’d been holding off on some big news…. I got permission to start training at a local gym. I’m still at my current training position at the YMCA, but I’ll be taking on a few more clients in my free time at the new gym. I’m really excited to start getting my feet wet and see how things go as a my own entity in the training world. Being self-employed isn’t something new to me. I’ve been a private contractor with my athletic training job at the high school for the last 7 years. I’m hoping that having both training gigs will allow me to have the best of both worlds. A steady income from my “corporate” gig and then a little extra freedom and spending money from my solo gig. I had a great month at the Y, with my highest selling month ever thanks to our latest promotion!! I also was one of the FOCUS award winners at our latest staff meeting and have accepted a role developing some new programming that we’ll be launching in the new year. I couldn’t be happier with my life as far as my career goes at the moment. It really seems like those risks I took earlier in the year are starting to really pay off!
4. Find a man – Ok, this isn’t really a huge priority since I’m pretty self-sufficient, but my match.com membership ends in the middle of the month and I really don’t want to have to pay for another 3 months. It shouldn’t be that hard to find a decent guy in not one, but two huge metropolitan areas. There may be one with some potential, but mum is the word for now….
5. Actually stay on top of a blogging challenge – I will blog every day. I will blog every day. I will blog every day…..
What are your goals for November?