Warm Pear Yogurt Parfait – November Blogging Challenge #4
I needed a snack yesterday that wasn’t left over Halloween candy, and I needed one fast! The question was, “What could I make with the lack of food in my fridge?” I had Greek yogurt, some pears, and condiments. That was about it. Getting a little creative, I decided a yogurt parfait sounded delicious. With my fingers crossed it didn’t turn into a huge kitchen disaster, I grabbed a skillet, some seasoning, and went to work. Here’s what the final result was…
Warm Pear Yogurt Parfait
- 1 pear, sliced
- a dab of butter (butter flavored spray will work as well to cut out the fat and calories)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 oz vanilla greek yogurt
- granola cereal (I love the Sweet Georgia Grains Heirloom Oatmeal Cookie Granola)
- In medium skillet, melt enough butter to coat pan. Add pears, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Combine well and cook until pears begin to soften.
- Pour pear mixture into a bowl and top with yogurt and granola.
- You can add other toppings such as raisins, dates, dried cranberries, nuts or honey if desired.